Healthy and Delicious Makhana Matar Curry Recipe
If you are bored of the same old vegetables and meat in your kitchen -- this Makhana Matar Curry Recipe will give a fresh outlook to your dinners. When made with fresh ingredients, this dish is a perfect balance of health and finger-licking rustic flavors.
Why Cook With Makhana
If this is your first time cooking with makhana, you must be one who thought of them as fasting food or roasted snacks. Makhana also called fox nut is a simple superfood that is packed with vital nutrition.
A small serving of these healthy foods can give you wholesome protein, healthy carbs, and fiber content. They also contain substances that help stimulate blood sugar levels and keep your body’s metabolism in check.
Makhana for weight loss is also fast becoming a trend that makes this dish an instant hit.
Makhana Matar Curry Recipe
Here is all you need to know to make the best makhana for weight loss recipe.
- Raw Makhana: 3 cups
- Matar (green peas): ¼ cup
- Tomato: 2 chopped
- Cashew: ¼ cup
- Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1tbs
- Cumin Seeds: ½ tbs
- Coriander Powder: 2tbs
- Red Chili Powder: ½ tbs
- Oil: 2tbs
- Sugar: 1tsp
- Garam Masala: ¼ tsp
- Kasuri Methi: ¼ tbs
- Salt: As per taste
- To make your Makhana Matar Curry Recipe, start by heating the oil on a pan and adding the raw makhana to it. Stir it till they roast and keep it aside.
- In a mixer-blender -- add the tomatoes, cashews, and ginger garlic paste.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and crack some cumin seeds. Add the paste that you just created.
- Once it comes to simmer, add the coriander powder, chili powder, sugar, and salt.
- Keep on stirring this mixture till you see the oil separate. This gravy will make the base of your Makhana Matar Curry Recipe.
- Now add the roasted makhana and peas. Add a cup of water to this and adjust the consistency to your liking.
- Cover the pot and let it cook for 5-6 minutes. This will help the machine absorb the flavors. Keep your flame on a medium or low.
- Turn off the heat and add garam masala and Kasuri methi. Give it a good mix.
- Your Makhana Matar Curry Recipe is ready -- serve hot.
Notes To Consider
- You can also add asafetida with the cumin seeds if you prefer the flavor.
- You can replace the Kasuri methi with fresh coriander for a fresher garnish.
- Keep a check on the water to ensure the gravy thickness is to your liking.
- If you buy roasted makhana online you need not fry them at the start of the cooking process.
This Makhana Matar Curry Recipe makes for an evening snack with Rotis or a full meal with rice or Rotis. To get the perfect dish you must ensure you source your Makahna from the right palace. You can click here and check out our collections of high-quality raw makhana.
Satisfy your healthy snack cravings and buy Makhana online from our store. Choose from 4 exciting flavors: